Sunday, April 28, 2013

Lazy days

Yesterday was a lovely autumn day, not too hot, not cold, sun shining and no rain. Just perfect. I made an early start in the garden, letting my chickens out early for a run around, and getting them to help me look for green caterpillars on my tomatoes. It was so cute watching them climb into the garden, something I would normally freak out a little over, but there's not much they can wreck under the tomatoes that hasn't already been decimated by the green invasion. They were jumping up and down trying to reach caterpillars after I caught the first few, which became snacks for the girls.
My Mum and aunt called in early to remind me it was the annual canoe race and I joined them to watch the start, gobbled down a yummy bacon and egg breakfast burger made by the local boat club volunteers and watched the first, second and third place takers arrive in after circumnavigating the island. In all a very relaxed way to spend a Sunday.

Some of the competitors warming up while waiting for the start.

The race kicked off with a frenzy of oars.

First, second and third place warming down after finishing.

Mum and my niece enjoying a stroll together on the beach waiting for the race sta

No comments:

Post a Comment