Friday, April 26, 2013

Invasion

After all the rain we've had I was fascinated by these mushrooms/toadstools??? that popped up in the local park. There were so many of them I just had to take a quick few pics. I don't know what type they are, please let me know if you do. They certainly don't look edibly appealing, but make an interesting find on a morning walk.



And as the rain had settled into a pattern of overnight showers and beautiful days, everything in the garden blossomed and thrived, including the bugs. Bad bugs, but they also herald the arrival of good bugs, and some bugs, I'm not really sure where they fit in.
A lone caterpillar on my mandarin tree.

Another Citrus loving caterpillar on my tangerine. This was the only one, sitting high enough the chooks couldn't reach it.

Someones been eating my tomatoes...

And brought along way too many friends....

Moving onto the rosellas as well

And yet another type on the lone sunflower that escaped my weeding
As you can see, caterpillars were a large part of my problem, but they weren't alone.
Aphids have taken an incredible liking to my snake beans. I never had this problem last year and I was getting desparate enough to reach for the pyrethrum, until I saw the lady beetles arrive.
Not to confused of course with the 24 spot beetle who has also taken up residence.
Gobbling the flowers on my white choko. Hopefully they are fertislising as they go and leave enough flower to fruit.
And then there are just all the other bugs in general.
And my best little bug eaters are also out in force
Somehow, nature just finds it's own balance.

No comments:

Post a Comment