Saturday, April 21, 2012

Weakness

Ok, I admit it, I have a problem.





It's a complete inability to avoid the temptation of garden "stuff". Today while I was shopping for things work related I came across seeds in a Crazy Clarks store. Who would have thought you could buy seeds there? And pretty cheaply too. Well, I felt a moment of hesitation before I zoomed straight over to see what they had I would like to get. I'd been reading about growing Broad Beans just recently, and although I've had zero success with them to date, I couldn't resist. Then came the Peas, justified because, well the last ones planted were dug up by the chooks and never really amounted to much, plus it's the time for them...oh, and lets not forget the Brussel Sprouts, definately my last chance to make a move on these. Last years Brussel sprouts grew beautifully in their little mesh enclosure, designed to keep the cabbage moths off, it's just that I left them too long waiting for them to get bigger and they kind of "blossomed", you know what I mean, they just opened up like a flower instead of that tight bun like usual. And finally, more mixed blue flowers, just because I've bought at least one pack of blue flower seeds every season, and never yet planted them, doesn't mean to say I have to give up my dream of a sea of blue flowers interspersed amongst my vegies. Bring on the next day off so I can get started!
Last years Brussel Sprouts and Cabbages captive in their netted growing area. 

No comments:

Post a Comment