Monday, March 21, 2011

Autumn and new beginnings

I love that Autumn has officially arrived. Not that it's much cooler, but I was keen to get some new seedlings in, and it seemed fit to do it with the start of the new season. In fact it was a little earlier than the new season (what can I say, I don't have that much patience, and I had new seeds). So in my eagerness I'd planted up some seedling punnets ready to start my Autumn crops off well.
So here's the list of what seeds I planted on Thursday 24th of February:
Snow peas
Peas
Brown Onions
Red Onions
Red Arrowhead Broccolini
Purple Broccolini
Corn
Coriander
Cos Lettuce
Brussel Sprouts Tighthead
Then on the following Tuesday 1st March I added:
Strawberry Alpine
Mini Cabbage
Cauliflower
Kale at 4 days
Rocket at 4 days

English Spinach starting to show after 4 days
 The photos are a little old now, the first of the peas have just been planted out and I've had hubby build a little "pen" ready to protect the Brassicas (cabbage family) from white moths which have been enemy #1 each time I've tried (and failed) to grow these type before.

No comments:

Post a Comment