Monday, August 2, 2010

What's in a name?

You may be wondering how I came by the name PrincessScarecrow for my blog. It was coined by a good friend. We worked together in a previous life, during the highlight of my "princess" years. We stayed in contact & shared lots of lifes little ups & downs, and for her a succession of awful men who never appreciated that she deserves to be treated like a princess.

I'm a firm believer that every girl who chooses to have a man in her life needs a man who will treat her like a princess. By this for all the women screaming 'we can do it for ourselves', I mean someone who will treat her as special, above all others, and show her respect at all times. Unfortunately there seems to have been a lack of these in her life.

We were again building on the princess theory during my friends first visit to my little shack, where I'm sure she was amazed at the transformation my thinking (and dressing) had undergone. Always one to accept just who I am, or what I choose to do, she never made much comment. However after posting the below image to my facebook the following week after a stroll on a new stretch of muddy beach during an extremely low tide, I think she couldn't stay silent any longer and the title Princess Scarecrow was bestowed.



No comments:

Post a Comment